The GAIA Awards has grown into the industry most respected competition honoring those construction equipment and products that have truly integrated the
concept of moving towards a more sustainable built environment.
Environmental awareness is becoming increasingly important within the construction industry in the Middle East as new building regulations in the MENA
region encourage or require that all new buildings meet international green building standards.
The ceremony took place on Tuesday 24th November at 14.00 pm in the Technology in Construction Theater.
Marsat Lal Mirpuri:
Commercial & Technical Director, receives the finalist diploma
CEMEX’s Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) was chosen from over 280 competitors by a panel of industry experts with acclaimed credentials as one of the 3
finalists in the category “General Construction” for its advantages and contribution to sustainability in the MENA region:
1. Increases the durability of the project
2. Supports sustainable development
3. Savings of up to 30% can be achieved over a traditional pavement construction
4. Immune to low or high temperature extremes.
5. GGBS can be integrated reducing up to 30% CO2 Footprint
To see the full characteristics of the product click here.