CEMEX is in need of an Internal Control Advisor who will report directly to Head of the Business Service Organization (BSO).
Under the direct supervision of the BSO Head for UAE, the objective is to maintain a sound system of internal controls to safeguard company assets by monitoring compliance with company policies and proactively leading new initiatives to strengthen the internal control environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Maintain strong internal control environment
•Cooperating with BSO and operations in UAE, proactively informing them about internal policies and procedures and monitoring compliance.
•Performing regular risk assessments; evaluating opportunities to strengthen the internal control environment and gaining the commitment of relevant co-workers to implement such improvements.
•Cooperation and support to external and internal auditors before, during and after their visits onsite.
•Follow-up to control deficiencies reported by Corporate internal audit (Process Assessment); evaluating the adequacy of remediation plans and testing their effectiveness post-implementation.
•Evaluating design and operating effectiveness of internal controls based on generic instructions provided by Internal Control HQ in Mexico (e.g. for SOX compliance purposes).
•Ad hoc testing as requested by UAE management (expected traveling across UAE).
Interface with Internal Control Corporate Headquarters
•Monthly reporting to the Internal Control HQ in Mexico regarding remediation status and any major concerns.
•Cooperation with IC Central and Regional IC on global internal control initiatives.
Education / Professional Experience
•Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics.
•At least four years of experience in internal controls and / or external/internal audit.
•Experience with internal controls, auditing procedures and concepts; the following is “a must”:
•Good knowledge of business processes, potential risks and best practice controls, and their end-to-end testing (e.g. Procure-To-Pay, Order-To-Cash etc.)
•Familiarity with auditing principles according to auditing standards
•Audit or Accounting certification (e.g. ACCA, CIA or similar) would be a plus
Specific Skills and Knowledge
•Excellent communication skills, persuasiveness while still diplomatic manners to gain support from concerned areas
•Very good organizational and planning skills to work simultaneously on several tasks
•Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Macros/VBA would be a plus
•At least basic knowledge of IFRS
•Knowledgeable in SAP would be an advantage
CEMEX in the UAE is in need of tax specialist who will report directly to the management, financial & transactional services manager.
The tax specialist is primarily responsible for all compliance direct/indirect tax tasks, periodic filling of tax & related returns, proper and timely calculation & submission, and settlement of liabilities to the tax authority according to tax regulations (VAT).
- Periodic filing of tax and related returns, proper and timely calculation, submission and settlement of liabilities to the tax authority according to tax regulations (VAT)
- Provide liaison for and monitor/manage local tax audits
- Understand, review, implement, comply, and assist in the development of Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the company’s guidelines
- Understand, review, implement, and comply in all government tax laws and requirements
- Support the other departments in all tax related matters
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in audit or tax consulting firm or tax authority
Job Specific Competencies/Operational Knowledge:
- Computer Skills (MS Office, Lotus Notes)
- SAP knowledge
- Good knowledge of all UAE tax laws and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of UAE direct and indirect tax principles
- Detailed knowledge and application of IFRS 16
- Understands internal & external customer requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player – works well with others and can collaborate across functions
- Creative, able to come up with innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills
- Functions independently and in a team, project management skills, and can set/accomplish objectives
CEMEX UAE is in need of a Cement Production Manager who will report directly to the Cement Operations Director.
Under the direct supervision of the cement operations director, the role is responsible to plan, develop, and implement strategies to maximize production, and reduce costs while maintaining product quality, and adhering the highest safety standards in its operations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Review and assess production capacities and process
- Evaluate machine capabilities and performance
- Prepare annual production Plan/Budget
Production Performance Monitoring
- Oversee accomplishment of production volume targets
- Monitor production equipment
- Conduct process evaluation and improvement
- Oversee effective implementation of maintenance programs on production equipment
- Oversee accomplishment of Production Indicator
Material Inventory Control
- Prepare raw material plan, monitor raw material consumption & deliveries
- Initiate physical measurement of raw material and finish products
- Manage reconciliation of physical inventory & booked inventory figure
- Optimize raw material and finished goods inventory
- Coordinates with logistics & procurement regarding raw material deliveries
Production Report Preparation & Production Cost Management
- Prepare Daily Production Report
- Prepare Institutional reports like Grafoper
- Responsible for integrity of production related figures and company reports. Manage safe keeping production records, data sheets, etc.
Production Cost Management
- Review production cost and implement improvement actions
- Manage variable & fix cost related to production
- Oversee safety KPIs are attained
- Formulates and prepare training & department program of production personnel
- Prepare & evaluate performance objective of Production Supervisors & CCR Operators
- Responsible in maintaining and proving ISO 19001, OSHAS & Environmental Management System
- Product Quality Conformance
- Oversee accomplishment of quality parameter on finished product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or any related profession
- Minimum of 7 years work experience as a Production Supervisor or Manager in a Cement Manufacturing
Job Specific Competencies/Operational Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge of the Cement Production process and it’s optimization
- Analysis as well as monitoring, collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operations staff involved
- Minimize operating costs and optimize plant output that will commensurate with continued operation at agreed quality level
- Knowledgeable of operational management
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process, procedures and machinery
- Knowledgeable in Plant Safety Rules and Regulations – ensure the team adheres to all safe practices at work with focus on meeting targets.
- Understands internal and external customer requirements
- Managerial skills – ability to lead & communicate effectively among the Production employees. Excellent people management skills. Able to lead a team of multi nationalities with the focus on results
- Able to handle emergency situation
- Ability to work under pressure – Strong problem solving and analytical skills that desires to seek solutions to improve operations
- Disciplined and process oriented
- Ethical and high compliance to institutional policies
CEMEX in the United Arab Emirates is in need of a Financial Planning Analyst who will report directly to the Strategic Planning & Continuous Improvement Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Strategic Planning & Continuous Improvement Manager, the role is responsible to provide accurate information and financial analysis that will support the management to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare financial reports, coordinate budget, controls and others.
- Working Capital Control – Support in the coordination and control of working capital initiatives
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) business unit analysts
- Investment Analysis – Support the Planning Department in the analysis of business information to prepare recommendations
Projects & Development:
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to improve the business productivity and efficiency
- Provides recommendations and actions for teammates that will further drive the business to success
- Identify operational prospects and support implementing initiatives to take advantage of the opportunities
- Build, maintain and communicate detailed reporting models to assist departmental decisions
- Develop financial models, conduct bench-marking and process analysis, business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management, Economics & Engineering (preferred)
At least two years work experience
Experience in Financial Management/Planning/Investment Banking/Consulting or related skills. Financial experience would be a plus factor
Exceptional Excel/Data Management skills
Knowledge of Financial Analytics (Analytics tools would be a plus)
Must have a passion in solving hardest glitches
Modelling, visualization, and pattern recognition skills
Strong communication and organization skills
Balance attention to details with swift execution
Ability to self-serve, investigate, and get what is required
Strategic thinking goes beyond today and thinks about tomorrow, uses data to drive decision-making
Experience in scenario planning and analysing new business opportunities
Ability to adapt to change and can perform under pressure
CEMEX in the United Arab Emirates is in need of a Public Affairs & Communication Officer who will report directly to the Planning & Administration Director.
Under the direct supervision of the Planning & Administration Director, the role is responsible to coordinate, support and facilitate internal and external public relation & communications strategy with the goal to strengthen CEMEX’s market position in UAE.
Areas of Responsibility:
Liaise with Management, Public and Media:
- Collaborate with Management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience and liaise with the Management about budgets and timescales involved and the objectives to be achieved.
- Provide Management with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress and continuous improvement in the strategies applied.
- Act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that CEMEX as a brand remains top of mind in the market.
Facilitating Internal & External Communication:
- Coordinate and facilitate ongoing internal and external public affairs and communication activities.
- Participate in building and maintaining a network of relations and flow of information within global CEMEX.
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products & services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with any form of media and maintain a media database.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
Supports Marketing Strategy:
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of CEMEX in the market and coordinate publicity events as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, PR, Marketing or related field.
At least two years work experience in similar role.
Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of associated press writing style guide.
An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
Project and budget management skills.